What are your thoughts as this year comes to a close? What are you thankful for? What do you wish had gone differently? Are you one to make resolutions? How will you celebrate this new year, this gift of new beginnings?
I am thankful for so much. I am thankful first and foremost for my husband and children. I am thankful for my faith. I am thankful for my health after a hiccup or two in that arena this year. I am thankful for the people God has placed in my path. The wonderful opportunities to see, taste, smell, feel and hear the goodness of God all around me. And even on occasion to recognize that goodness within me.
What do I wish had gone differently? Well besides the desire to be a size 5, that we all know is never going to happen, I can't say that there is much in the way of regret in my life right now. I will take that as a good thing. Oh sure I wish I had gotten the closets cleaned out, that I had come closer to that size 5, that I had done a better job at house keeping or saved more money but those aren't what I would call regrets.
Resolutions, I don't do well with that concept. Perhaps goals is a better way of looking at it. I am not usually a list maker. I always have a sense of the list trying to tell me what to do, and that frankly ticks me off. I didn't say it was "normal" just one of my quirks. So what are some of my goals?
- To eat more healthy instead of wishing I was a size 5. I would like to conquer my sugar addiction.
- To re-decorate my bedroom. It is a depressing place right now.
- To travel. Don't know where, I would love to go abroad. Maybe this will be the year.
- Speak more kindly.
- Spend more time in prayer.
- Be more thankful. If there is one thing I really wish I could change about myself it is to be more of a "glass half full" kind of person. It isn't my innate inclination so it is a constant challenge.
- I would like to re do the whole house really but will admit that it sounds very overwhelming.
- Take a photography class.
- And as always, sew more.
- And to finish more of the UFO's hiding in that cabinet. They are trying to be quiet and coy but I know they are in there!
A few of my blog haunts have posted a year in review. Imagine my shock and dismay at Summerset over at Pins and Needles who sewed this list:
- 33 Tops, Blouses, Shirts
- 13 Skirts
- 15 Dresses
- 9 Jackets or Coats
- 9 Trousers or Shorts
- 10 Miscellaneous Items
Updated: I guess I must have had a slideshow here originally. In looking back, whatever is there is gone. So I replaced it with a photocollage of my year in review.
5 Wee Care gowns
2 Wee Care bonnets
4 Silk Ribbon Embroidered Make Up bags with matching Kleenex holders
2 Doll Dresses
1 Embroidered Bib w Matching Embroidered Hanger
1 Lace Jacket w Pintucked Dress
1 Hemstitched Bonnet
1 Felt Candlemat
20 Embroidered Needlebooks
For a total of 48 items. Not too shabby for a partial year. I don't have pictures before March of this year.